5 Essential Accessories When Suiting Up

don-draper-dave-olsen

Style is all about the details and when you suit up, add these accessories to take your outfit to the next level. They’re relatively cheap if you get them off a major site like Amazon, or you can get most of them at your local mall’s department store.

5. Metal Collar Stays

These suckers will make your dress collar stand up sharp and crisp and you won’t get the frumpy collar woes. You can cop these off Amazon for less than $10. Get some like the ones pictured below with the magnets, to keep your collar looking it’s best.

16469_zoom1

4. Pocket Square

I’ve written about how to fold a pocket square, as well as how to match a pocket square, so I won’t go on and on about this accessory. You know what to do, just don’t suit up without one.

1254329570_pocket-square_1004373

3. Dress Watch

I won’t go into brands in this article, but will in the future. Point is, you’re better off with an inexpensive, but classy looking dress watch, then having a bare wrist. If you have to pull out your iPhone to check the time, you’re doing yourself a disservice. Get a watch.

The Citizen watch pictured can be copped for less than $200 off Amazon. You can even get cheaper ones for under a hundred if you search.

shopping

2. Cigarette Case

If you smoke cigarettes, then leave the cheap cardboard cases at home and use this instead. Classy, great for getting opened by a sexy girl and practical, you can buy one for less than $30 on Amazon, and you’ll get your money’s worth a hundred times over.

the-great-gatsby-accessories_325053

1. Money Clip

Leave the fat leather wallet for your Uncle Joe, it’s time to upgrade to sophistication and rocking a money clip like a proper playboy. Get one where your cards and ID slide in one side and the clip is on the opposite. Put your bankroll in there and get ready for a great presentation when you order your favorite alcoholic beverage at your spots you have On-Lock.

shopping (1)

Until next time, I leave you gents with this great clip from Mad Men. Play on playboys.

Read More: 5 Essential Grooming Products For Men

One thought on “5 Essential Accessories When Suiting Up

1. Africa
    05/31/2014 at 3:35 am

Great Post Bro. Can you post the title of the movie from the clip and if you get a chance make a post about some great movies to watch. Thnx man.

2. bgh
    04/08/2014 at 12:52 am

Don’t forget the vintage cig lighter! Looks a lot better than trying two or three times to light one up with a cheap, plastic bic

3. killacam
    04/02/2014 at 9:34 am

Thanks a lot, good tips! But always wondered how you handle change when using a money clip. Do you just throw it on the floor with a disinterested, bored and slightly annoyed look on your face like a boss…? No, but seriously…

• 04/02/2014 at 11:16 pm

The only time I would be getting change is either in a tip situation, or when I have access to a car where I can dump it.
      Example:
      -Stop at gas station for cigs etc. Any loose change I get, goes in the car.
      -At a lounge, bar or club ordering a drink. Change goes toward the tip.
      -If you stop at Starbucks and don’t want to deal with change, drop it in the tip jar. Almost everywhere has tip jars now, which I’ll drop the change into.

4. Christian McQueen
    04/02/2014 at 5:36 am

Good idea Pete. I’ll look into it.

5. 04/02/2014 at 5:30 am

You should be putting amazon links to your favorite products on these pages and be making that sweet affiliate money. Plus if they buy anything on amazon after they click through your link you get a cut of that too.

6. 04/02/2014 at 4:15 am

Bonus tip: If you loss your money clip, you can use your cigarette case as a backup. lol

• 04/02/2014 at 4:26 am

There is a rumor, that this is very true.

*Inside joke: Lost my money clip multiple times over a 10 year span, always to get it back, until alas, in a strip club a couple of weeks ago I lost it forever.

I’m sure there’s a stripper who gifted it to her sugar daddy as a present. Smh.

7. J.B
    04/02/2014 at 4:03 am

What about colognes? Which are the best ones? What brands of clothing you use Christian?

• 04/02/2014 at 4:05 am

Good questions and I’ll do a cologne post as well my brands post in the near future.