“What would you like to drink?”
The bartender gives you an exasperated look.
Odds are you’ll order a Vodka Redbull (no shame, I’ll order one too sometimes) for yourself and a Vodka Cranberry for the sexy lady beside you.
But, imagine for a moment you shake things up…
Imagine you channel some inner Bond and drop some drink names that the girl has probably never heard of…
Imagine the bartender lights up at your order because you added some fun to his otherwise dull shift…
If you’re ready to make a nightcap to rock her world, I’ve even included the drink recipes and directions so you can mix these up at home and have her even more excited to jump into bed and have incredible sex with you.
Enter the 4 drinks every man should order, but you’ve probably never heard of.
#4. Vodka Press (for you)
Fan of Vodka Sodas? I am, but that’s no secret.
But HOW you order a drink tells more about you to everyone within earshot than that custom suit you’re rockin’.
A Vodka Press is a fancier way to order a Vodka Soda (with some 7-Up mixed in), sounds cool as hell and adds an edge to your order.
Make It Yourself (courtesy of VodkaOnly.com)
- Pour 1.5 ounces of vodka into a Collins glass filled with ice. 1.5 is the standard amount of a shot of alcohol, so feel free to use a shot glass as your measuring cup.
- Pour in about 4 ounces of soda water. It doesn’t have to be exact, just however much soda water you want.
- Pour in about 4 ounces of 7-Up (or other lemon-lime soda).The ratio between soda water to 7-Up is different for each person, but for a basic vodka press, 50/50 is a good starting point.
- Serve with a lime wedge to garnish. All there is to it!
#3. French 75 (for her)
Want to really get that sexy date’s panties wet? Order her a French 75.
“I’ll take a Vodka Press and a French 75 for the lady”.
Boom. She’s wet and when she asks what it is, slyly smirk and say “You’ll see”.
I guarantee she’ll love it.
Thank me later.
Make It Yourself (courtesy of Epicurious.com)
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) gin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) dry sparkling wine, such as Brut Champagne, chilled
- Using zester or paring knife, slice peel from lemon in long, thin spiral. Reserve lemon for another use and set peel aside.
- In cocktail shaker, combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain into chilled Champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
- Curl lemon peel around finger to create twist at least 6 inches long. Garnish drink with twist and serve immediately.
#2. Espresso Martini (for her)
What are two staples of life every single girl likes?
Espresso and Martinis.
Now, combine them.
Created in ‘80s Soho, London, by cocktail legend Dick Bradsell, the story goes that a delightful young lady entered his bar and asked Dick to make her a drink that “wakes me up and then [insert expletive here] me up”. Thus, a legend was born, fueling office parties and “Crimbo” get-togethers the nation over. (source)
Viola, you have a winner and odds are she’s never had one. Perfect for waking her up, plus giving her that ‘pleasure buzz’, this is a sure-fire winner.
Make It Yourself (courtesy of JamieOliver.com)
- 50ml Grey Goose vodka
- 35ml coffee liqueur
- 1 shot (25ml) of CRU Light Roast (or other) espresso
- Pour the vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso into a cocktail shaker. Fill the martini glass with ice to chill and then fill the cocktail shaker with ice as well.
- Put the other half of the shaker on top and give it a good tap to lock it in, then shake the living daylights out of it. You want the ice to smash up while chilling the liquid down; it’s what creates the frothy top. Try to use fresh-from-the-freezer ice, as melting ice is too watery and will dilute the martini.
- Once shaken, tap the side of the shaker to break the vacuum seal. Empty the ice out of the Martini glass, then place the strainer on top of the shaker and pour the contents through a sieve directly into the glass. Using the strainer and the sieve helps create a rich, smooth, froth.
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans and attempt to contain your delight.
#1. Vieux Carré (for you)
Less known, but packs a punch and is perfect for whiskey and cognac lovers, this drink not only carries a cool sounding name, but will have your date excited you didn’t do like every other motherfucker in a suit and order an ‘old-fashioned’.
Note, the pronunciation is key. It’s pronounced “voe-car-ehhh”.
Make It Yourself (courtesy of Liquor.com)
- .75 oz Angel’s Envy Rye whiskey
- .75 oz Cognac
- .75 oz Martini sweet Vermouth
- 1 tsp Bénédictine
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Add all the ingredients to a rocks glass
- Fill with ice and stir
So there you have it.
4 drinks any playboy would be proud to order.
Until next time.
Learn how you can live the playboy lifestyle starting today here.